Mrs. Hull, Art
Hello Students and Families:
I am Mrs. Hull, the Union School Art teacher. I am so happy to be teaching here again this year. This is my 5th year being an Art teacher for elementary school students and I love my job! My husband and I have lived in Union for 23 years and have 3 wonderful kids. Mr. Hull helps operate his family’s sawmill, Hull Forest Products in Pomfret. Isabel is 17, Amelia is 15, and Gabriel is 12. We also have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 bunny, 1 bearded dragon, and 1 beta fish.
Here is a little more about me. Some of my favorites are:
candy: Reese’s peanut butter cups and Butterfingers
art medium: quite possibly Crayola Model Magic!
school projects from last year: Pop Art paper candy sculptures and Model Magic characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas movie
art exhibit: rock art at Twyfelfontein, Namibia
Welcome to Mrs. Hull's Class!
In Art class this year, I will be using the National Standards for Art to help guide student learning. Students will have the chance to not only create art but begin to understand and talk about it too.
1.Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
2. Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
3. Refine and complete artistic work.
4. Select, analyze, and interpret artistic work for presentation.
5. Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
6. Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
7. Perceive and analyze artistic work.
8. Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
9. Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
10. Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
11. Relate artistic ideas and works within societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding.
The Elements of Art (such as line, shape, and color) and Principles of Design (like repetition, balance, and contrast) will help serve as a framework for our projects. All students will get the opportunities to use materials such as oil pastels, colored pencils, paints, clay, found objects, wire, and various papers. Each student will also have their own sketchbook this year for practicing their drawing skills. Additionally, middle school students will have the opportunity to draw with charcoal.
The school year is off to a great start! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me email@example.com.