top of page


It is the responsibility of the Union Public School District (“the District”) to identify any child who may have a disability who is either a resident of the Town of Union or who attends a private school within the geographic boundaries of  the Town of Union. This also includes students who are homeschooled.*

The District is responsible for the evaluation of such students to determine if they are then eligible for special education or related services under Federal and State laws governing the education of students with disabilities. If you have questions or concerns regarding your child's development and if you suspect that your child may need an evaluation to determine eligibility for special education or related services, you may request an evaluation, at no cost, through the District and its special education procedures. Please contact Steve Jackopsic at


*PLEASE NOTE: The District is NOT responsible for providing special education or related services to student who are homeschooled (including those who have been identified as having a disability and would otherwise be eligible for special education and related services should they attend the District’s schools).     

bottom of page